Full Time (37.5 hours per week)
1-year contract: Renewal Option
Skills Canada Newfoundland & Labrador (SCNL) is a charitable organization that promotes skilled trades and technologies as first choice career options for young Canadians and encourages excellence and employment readiness. SCNL hosts Skilled Trade, Technology and Employability Competitions, Skilled Futures Conferences, Entrepreneurial Programs, Try-A-Trade® and Technology Events, Essential Skills Challenges and offers awareness-raising activities to schools throughout the province.
SCNL’s main office is in Mount Pearl and is setting up a satellite office on the west coast of the province to expand programming and reach across the island. The Project Coordinator will deliver a wide range of programs in schools on the west coast and expand current successful and in-demand programming (including Enter:Preneur Program, Competitions, Vale Career Awareness Presentations, Essential Skills Challenges, and the Skilled Futures Programs) to increase career awareness and opportunity youth and under-represented groups.
The Project Coordinator will collaborate with staff, partners, educators, employers, and community groups to deliver targeted programming for students, apprentices, indigenous youth and women, new Canadians, older workers, and youth at risk to provide experiential learning opportunities in priority sectors and highlight and instill essential workplace skills. This position will involve a considerable amount of community consultation and engagement, research, and the establishment of meaningful partnerships. Note that during the current stage level of COVID-19, events and programs will be offered in a virtual format but will resume in-person and blended virtual activities when deemed safe by Public Health.
The successful candidate will possess excellent administration and communication skills, be highly organized and detailed oriented, and have the ability to work both independently and as part of a team. Independent provincial and national travel may be required. Some additional work outside the regular workday may be expected for participation at special events. This position requires access to a reliable vehicle.
- Post-secondary education in business, administration or equivalent combination of education and experience,
- Experience in Project Management, event organization, office technology, research, presenting to groups and community outreach, knowledge and comfort with digital communication platforms (eg. Zoom, google meet),
- Experience in partnering and developing relationships with various industry stakeholders,
- Experience working with diverse communities is an asset,
- Experience in hosting and facilitating stakeholder information sessions, networking events, round table discussions, conferences, advisory group meetings,
- Office administration experience and proficiency in a multi-task environment,
- Strong organizational skills and exceptional attention to detail,
- Ability to work independently to achieve targets and goals; experience managing a budget is an asset,
- Valid driver’s license with access to a vehicle and comfort with driving in the province.
Salary: $38,000 per annum plus benefits (post probationary period).
SCNL’s office and events are located on the unceded territory of the Beothuk and Mi’kmaq People. SCNL is committed to employment equity and the elimination of discrimination at each organizational level. We value diversity and inclusion. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates including members of racially visible communities, persons with disabilities, Indigenous Persons, and members of the 2SLGBTQ+ community. Applicants wishing to disclose any personal details related to equitable or inclusive hiring are encouraged to do so in their application.
Interviews for this position and hiring will take place mid-late September; applicants please submit Resume on or before September 4th to:
Selection Committee, Skills Canada Newfoundland and Labrador
Thank you for your interest in Skills Canada.
Please note that only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.