Heavy Equipment Technicians maintain, repair, and overhaul heavy vehicles and industrial equipment, such as:-Internal combustion engines and components, both stationary and mobile.
- Tracked equipment, commonly called crawler tractors.
- Ground-engaging equipment and components, including rippers, ditchers, backhoes, trenchers, and similar equipment.
- Towed earth-moving equipment, commonly called scrapers.
- Self-propelled earth moving equipment, commonly called motor scrapers.
- Rubber-tired equipment, commonly called tractors.
- On-highway and off-highway motor vehicles, commonly called trucks.
- Towed on-highway and off-highway vehicles, commonly called trailers.
Visit Skills Compétences Canada for more info.
- Post Secondary
- Heavy Equipment Technology - Contest Description 2019